kuando Busylight UC
The Busylight UC boasts a range of features, all of which are easily accessible.
When employing an indicator light to aid decision-making, three crucial factors come into play:
- The Busylight should be prominently visible to everyone in the office.
- It should seamlessly operate across multiple platforms simultaneously.
- To ensure stability, the Busylight must consistently perform its designated tasks.
This page compiles key information to assist you. If you can’t find what you’re seeking, please feel free to reach out to us via email.
General System Requirements
Busylight UC Software
The Busylight software is available in various editions known as kuando Premium software.
Each kuando Premium software edition is designed for a specific UC Platform, such as Microsoft Teams, Webex, RingCentral, Zoom, Slack, etc.
Make sure to obtain the release that corresponds to your specific UC Platform.
Download kuando Busylight UC Premium Software
All software releases for kuando products can be found on our corporate site: plenom.com
*You will be redirected to our corporate site plenom.com where you can find all available software.
How to implement Busylights
Rules of engagement - Success begins with respect!
- Before installing the Busylights agree to some simple guidelines so everyone has a uniform understanding of the concept
- Emphasize the importance of respecting the color guidelines
- To ensure good workflow, agree on which tasks require “do not disturb” and which ones require only “busy”
- Consider if the use of “do not disturb” should be limited to e.g. 1-2 hours per day
- Inform surrounding teams and management about the guidelines
Ringer policy – agree on the ringer setup that is ideal for your office
- Ringtones – “do we all have the same, do we choose our own, or do we all have different ones”?
- Sound/Mute – Is sound required at all or is the visual cue enough to notice calls?
- Volume: If sound is enabled what is the ideal setting for us?
Mounting the Busylight correctly
- Make sure the Busylights are placed where they are most visible to colleagues – also from a distance. On the table is a no-go, while good practice could be on top of the monitor, a cubicle or on partitions.
Install all Busylights at the same time
- Improving the adoption of the presence-aware concept
Make your team ready and enthusiastic
- Let your team personalize the Busylight (Alpha only) with labels containing statements and quotes.
- You can also get labels customized with your own company logo or slogan for the attachable “billboard”. Read more about labels and “billboards” here.
Why do I need the kuandoHUB?
For multiple reasons:
- If you’re using more than one platform frequently and simultaneously, then you need the kuandoHUB to prioritize which platform(s) dictate the presence of your Busylight.
- The kuandoHUB is a very handy tool in optimizing your workflow, with Hotkeys, kuandoTIMER, Outlook Options and much more.
- In general, it makes your Busylight more customizable
What are some ways to Busylight issues?
There are a few ways to see if minor faults are easily fixed. These faults can occur if new variables have been introduced into the Busylight environment. You could try some of these methods:
- Reset the Busylight presence by right-clicking the appropriate Busylight icon and press ‘Reset’.
- Check to see if there’s a new version of your software available from plenom.com here.
- A good old fashioned reboot of your PC could do wonders.
- If you’ve recently started using another softphone with Busylight (1< total), you need to use the kuandoHUB to prioritize platforms. Get it here.
- If you’re migrating from Skype for Business and you’ve recently uninstalled the application, this is probably why. Skype for Business needs to be installed on your PC, as a major part of the Presence API for Office lies within S4B. It doesn’t need to be running, but it has to be installed.
If there’s no easily apparent solution to your issue within the FAQ, please contact Plenom Support here.
Microsoft 365 Bookable Spaces
Flexible & Non-bookable Rooms
How to: kuandoHUB
The kuandoHUB is a multi-UC Platform software that gives you control over how or what your Busylight reacts to as well as control color presence and sound alerts. The software is developed for both macOS and Windows.
How to Download the kuandoHUB
In this video you’ll find out how and where to download the kuandoHUB.
Make sure you download the software to the right platform (Windows or macOS).
How to use Platform Priorities (Windows)
In this video you’ll be shown how to use Platform Priorities.
If you use more than one UC platform (Teams, Zoom, Outlook etc.) then you can choose which platform should have priority.
The Busylight then reacts to the chosen priorities.
How to use Manual Controls
(Windows & macOS)
In this video, you’ll be shown how to use the Manual Controls.
The Manual Controls allow you to fully customize the Busylight and set Hotkeys for different statuses.
How to use kuandoTIMER
(Windows & macOS)
In this video, you’ll be shown how to use the kuando Timer.
The kuando Timer is inspired by the Pomodoro Technique, where you work focused on a task for a certain amount of time before taking a short break and going back to the task.
You can customize the Busylight to show one color when doing your task and another when you are on a break.
This also lets your colleagues know that you are busy and should not be interrupted.
How to use Outlook Options (Windows)
In this video, you’ll be shown how to use Outlook Options.
Here you can decide which Outlook event the Busylight must display.
How to use Advanced Settings (Windows)
In this video, you’ll be shown how to use Advanced Settings.
Here you can configure an HTTP interface and set the default start page.
With the integrated HTTP interface you can control the Busylight from a 3rd party software.
Busylight IoT Development
The kuando Busylight IoT for LoRaWAN networks is a class C LoRaWAN device. Through the LoRaWAN downlink package the Busylight can be programmed to show all color and be used as a visual notifier, alert, nudge, guide, etc.
Install the Busylight in LoRaWan networks combined with Class A sensors or any other app.
LoRaWAN and IoT enablement
With the kuando Busylight IoT for LoRaWAN you can control the colors via a LoRaWAN based IoT infrastructure.
Documentation for how to deploy, integrate and program the payloads can be found in our technical documentation.
Busylight Desktop Combi
We recommend that you formulate common guidelines for the use of Busylight Combi in your office. It is important that all participants agree on how to use Busylight.
Topics for discussion:
- What type of interruptions do we particularly want to avoid?
- When is it okay to give an indication of “Do Not Disturb”? (Lights blue)
- How do we behave around a person who is busy on the phone or in Do Not Disturb mode?
- Which requests are urgent enough to overrule Do Not Disturb?
It is also important that managers support the initiative. If you are serious about stopping interruptions and want people to respect the Busylight, there has to be managerial involvement and support.
One for all
Another important point is that Busylight Combi is for everyone in the office. Every person in the office must have a Busylight installed if you want to see the full benefits of working with “presence” and “status”.
A good test (or Proof of Concept) of Busylight involves an entire office or group and not just 2-3 people. When the entire office or group is involved you will be able to assess the improved productivity that the Busylight brings by reducing the level of unwanted interruptions.
To help the implementation we suggest you hang some of these Busylight Zone signs in your office. It is a good way to alert other departments and visitors about the use of Busylight and how to respect the indication given by the Busylight.
I can't get a dial tone in the headset
The two selection switches on the side of the Busylight box have the factory setting “I”. Move them both to “II” and check if the problem is solved.
Busylight doesn't light up during conversation in the headset
Adjust the sensitivity controller on the turn wheel to find the level that suits your voice and your headset.
Busylight ”flashes” or fades out too quickly
The Busylight lamp fades out, when there is a pause in the conversation and when the call is terminated. You can adjust how long the pause can last, before the lamp fades out.
In position “0” the light goes out after 3,5 seconds. Every step (0-9) increases the interval by 2 seconds.
Busylight Combi only lights blue
The Busylight box has a manual switch for a blue light. This is designed to be a Do Not Disturb indicator. If this switch is activated, it will override the red light for headset activity.
Please turn off the blue light to see the automatic red light for headset conversation.
Frequently Asked Questions
What headsets and telephones does Busylight Combi support?
|Yes (all brands)
|Yes (all brands)
Can I get an extention cord for the Busylight Combi?
Yes, you can purchase a 10-metre extension cord. Many people use this to place the Busylight outside their office door. Contact your supplier to learn more.
Can I connect both my handset and headset to the Busylight box?
The standard box for Busylight Combi only allows you to connect either your headset or your handset.
Can I connect Busylight Combi to my mobile phone?
Can I use Bluetooth?
No, sorry. Busylight Combi supports corded and wireless headsets with a base, but not Bluetooth.
What colors do the Busylight Combi use?
Red: Busy on the phone
Blue: Do Not Disturb
Does the Busylight Combi have Call Alert similar to Busylight UC?
No, sorry. Busylight Combi does not offer any call alerts.
If a call is put on hold, will the Busylight Combi still show them on a call?
If a call is put on hold, and the mic is still active, then your voice will keep the light on if you are talking.
If you mute the call and then go on hold, then the light will go off, since your voice (talking) is not heard.
Busylight.com is the sales and marketing department for Plenom A/S, the creator of Kuando Busylight.
Our mission is to increase awareness of Kuando Busylight products, ensuring workplaces worldwide understand the significance and value of implementing our products in the office environment.
We take pride in our products and enjoy inspiring our customers to explore and make use of the diverse features that these small indicator lights offer.